Your Data and Asbestos Support Central England
Asbestos Support Central England, and the charity of which it is a part the West Midlands Hazards Trust, holds personal data given to us by people who support our work. We only keep personal data in order to achieve the legitimate interests of our charity.
We have always prided ourselves on the way in which we guard the data we are given. We would never sell your data or allow it to be used to cold call you. In fact we never pass on your data to anyone unless you ask us to. We also only keep your data in secure locations and on secured computers.
That is why we are happy to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation which came into force on the 25th May 2018.
This regulation is designed to guarantee you various rights over the use of your data and how it is used. In particular it gives you the right to:
- Access all of the data we hold about you, be it on computer or paper files.
- Have that data removed from all of our systems so that we hold no data on you whatsoever.
- Have any mistakes in the data we hold about you corrected.
- Request to know our purpose in holding your data and how we use it, what categories of data we hold on you, how it is stored and how long we will keep it. You also have the right to know who, if anyone, your data has been disclosed to.
- Request to know who gave us your data if it was not yourself.
- Request to know if we use automated decision making, including profiling, and to receive meaningful information about the logic of such processing (please note: we have never done this and never would do this).
- Lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioners Office.
If you request any information from us about the data we hold on you and how we use it we will reply to you within one month, unless the complexity of the request makes this impossible. We will provide all copies of the data we hold and we will never charge you for providing this data or deleting or correcting the data we hold about you.
You should also know that if we suffer a data breach we will inform you within one month of the breach if it means that there is a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
We collect minimal data from supporters of our charity (being name, address and reason for their interest in our work) to allow us to provide people with information about events and activities related to the promotion of the aims of our charity.
We collect more personal data from our service users (being name, address, details of their next of kin, details of their medical condition and any medical professionals they have seen, their work history and other related data). We do this in order to help them access the assistance and social security benefits they are entitled to and to allow us to provide them with information about events and activities related to the promotion of the aims of our charity. In such cases people are given a copy of this Privacy Notice, listing their rights under our data protection policy, and asked to sign a receipt form.
In all cases, we will never share your personal data with another organisation unless you instruct us to. We will keep your personal data for seven years only, after which all personal information is destroyed.
The person who is responsible for our data protection compliance is the Asbestos Support Central England Project Manager. If you have any requests concerning the data we hold about yourself, would like any more information about our policy or would like to request a full copy of our policy please contact him at the address below.
Asbestos Support Central England, 138 Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 6DR
Telephone: 0121 678 8853. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org